Friday, August 1, 2014

Satanic Sidebar?

You may not know this, but I am an aspiring webcartoonist. I used to publish a single-panel strip called Chubby Yellow Van, and I am currently doing a sci-fi webcomic called Star Bounty.

Well, I was thinking about what else I could use my cartooning skills for, and C-4 came to mind. All that to say, future posts will most likely feature comics that will help illustrate the points I am trying to make. Should be fun!

This comic was really just a random idea that came into my head... I was thinking about how scams, conspiracy theories, and even some religions try to draw us in with the promise of inside information that someone powerful doesn't want us to know. Well, I realized that's exactly what Satan did in the Garden of Eden.

We shouldn't accept beliefs simply because they make us unique or smarter than others (snob appeal), or because someone supposedly doesn't want us to know. We should accept beliefs based on the merits of evidence, logic, and most importantly: whether or not they're biblical.

Now just because someone uses the same tactics as Satan to try to get us to believe something doesn't necessarily mean that belief is false, but at the same time... when someone is using the same tactics as Satan to try to get you to believe something, well, you would probably do best to take everything they say with a grain of salt. In fact, use the whole shaker. Be a Berean, and "search the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things are so."

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jonny, the cartoon is awesome! What a great idea to incorporate your drawing talent on your blog. Now, if only your blog readers could experience your hilarious comedy act! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much.
      Haha! I wish, but I'm pretty sure I won't be doing any posts on the GFV any time soon! ;)

      Delete

Please, feel free to post a comment! I very much enjoy hearing other people's opinions, regardless of whether or not they are in agreement of my own. Just please remember to keep comments kind and respectful, otherwise they may be deleted!